Healthy, Homemade Caesar Dressing
I’ve got to share with you the delicious dinner we enjoyed a few nights ago – a raw kale chicken Caesar salad. The secret was homemade Caesar dressing! Doesn’t that just sound decadent for a weeknight dinner? Well, it was – in all the right ways.
To get the raw kale soft enough, dress the chopped greens at least 30 minutes before you sit down to eat. Here’s the recipe I used for our homemade Caesar dressing – next time I plan to add a spoonful or two of plain yogurt to make it even creamier.
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of olive oil (I used just shy of 1/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Roasted garlic (If you have it)
- 1-2 tablespoons of plain or Greek yogurt (I didn’t add this, but I think it would be delicious and result in a thicker, creamier dressing.)
Place all the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor and pulse them until they are well combined and looking rather pasty. While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Keep mixing even after all the olive oil has been added to ensure that the dressing emulsifies. Coat your raw kale in a tablespoon or two of dressing, wait 30 minutes, and devour!
Do you make your own salad dressing? What is your favorite salad dressing recipe?
- Posted on July 1st, 2013